Registration Is Open for Vestechpro's New Circular Management of Clothing and Apparel Products Course
Read the next article
The Circular Management of Clothing and Apparel Products Course aims to actively and dynamically support Montreal SMEs in implementing strategies for source reduction, reuse, recycling, and recovery of textile products (clothing, accessories and textile scraps). This unique activity combines 18 hours of training and 10 hours of individual coaching for each company participating in the course.
Why take part in this course?
- Benefit from circular economy and eco-responsibility training content that addresses issues specific to the clothing and apparel industry
- Develop competitive advantages by initiating projects that take advantage of your residual materials
- Receive a diagnosis of your practices and individual coaching to help you evaluate, prioritize, and plan your sustainable innovation project
- Anticipate the shift towards the circular economy and the changing expectations of your various stakeholders
- Involve your employees in a unifying approach based on social and environmental values
- Join a network of Montreal clothing and apparel industry players who share common issues and want to get involved
- Introduction to the Circular Economy and Life Cycle Assessment.
- Ecodesign and circular design.
- Clothing and apparel product uses.
- Materials: properties, environmental impact, quality, biodegradability, and recycling.
- Montreal value chain actors and conditions for industrial symbiosis implementation (with Synergie Montréal).
- Responsible sourcing, clothing, and apparel certifications.
- Manufacturing and processes.
- Management and recovery of textile waste.
- Repair and reconditioning.
- Distribution and transportation.
- Environmental communication.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Better understand the development of sustainable strategies adapted to their company profile;
- Understand the processes and constraints for implementing effective textile waste management practices within the clothing and apparel value chain.
18 hours of training (conferences and presentations, exchanges with experts and potential suppliers, workshops, networking, etc.).
10 hours of individual coaching using a project-developed protocol.
This program is reserved for companies in the textile industry (manufacturing of clothing and apparel products) that have been established in Montreal for at least 5 years.
The company's ability to implement new textile waste strategies will also be considered for program admission: company commitment and investment, dedicated internal resource person, sustainable development prioritized in the strategic plan, etc.
Training sessions will be led by several Vestechpro experts as well as industry professionals.
Number of participants
10 companies maximum.
2 participants per company possible: paired participation - e.g.: Designer and Production Manager or Designer and Marketing Manager, etc. - is recommended, especially for training.
An 18-hour Vestechpro training attestation will be given to participants who have completed all training sessions.
This is a non-credit course.
For training: 18 hours of classroom training, divided into 6 sessions between March, April and May.
For coaching: 10 hours.
March 22, April 5 and 19, May 3, 17, and 31 2023.
Coaching will take place from June to October 2023.
For training: 6pm to 9pm.
For coaching, distribution of the 10 hours will be determined according to company and Vestechpro availabilities.
7000 Rue Marie-Victorin, Montréal, QC H1G 2J6
Coaching will take place at Vestechpro's offices in Montreal.
A visit and work session in each participating company is also planned.
Synergie Montréal, PME MTL Est-de-l’Île
$500 per company - 18 hours of training, 10 hours of coaching per company, plus taxes. Course registration includes a one-year membership to the Montréal Synergie Network.
Information and Registration
Access the application form by clicking here
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and places will be allocated on a first admitted first served basis.
Applications are open till March 13, 2023.
T. 514 328-3813
This activity is made possible thanks to the financial support of la Ville de Montréal, as part of the "Consolidation de la chaîne entrepreneuriale en transition écologique" program.