This pilot smart clothing and apparel course, developed with the financial support of the City of Montreal, will be offered for the first time in the fall of 2022.
It will allow students, graduates, and professionals in the fashion-clothing and apparel industry to learn about smart clothing development, and to design their first prototypes.
Why take this course?
• Broaden your professional horizons;
• Understand the essential components of smart clothing and its applications;
• Discover the innovation potential associated with smart clothing;
• Develop skills to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
• Introduction to the Internet of Things and New Technologies
• The Role of Connectivity: Expanding One’s Environment
• Electronics: The Heart of Smart Clothing and Apparel
• Programming: Leveraging Electronics and Data Collection
• Artificial intelligence: What Is It?
• Prototyping Techniques: Turning Your Ideas into Reality
• Clothing and Apparel: Integration, Ergonomics, Fit
• Project: Your Common Thread for the Course!
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
• Understand the smart clothing and apparel development process and the role of each discipline involved in it;
• Design and prototype smart clothing and apparel while becoming aware of related issues to the development of this type of clothing and apparel;
• Know the basic technologies used to develop smart clothing and apparel;
• Program the basic functions used for smart clothing and apparel (various sensors);
• Understand the basics of artificial intelligence.
Arduino electronic boards and their development environment
Sensors and other components
Additive manufacturing (3D printing)
This course will allow fashion-clothing and apparel professionals to acquire skills to design smart clothing and apparel for different industries: medical, sports and fitness, professional clothing, arts and entertainment (interactive media).
You must be enrolled or have completed training in one of the following programs:
• Fashion Design;
• Apparel technology enhancement.
Only one participant per company.
Admission subject to the study of the candidate's profile by Vestechpro.
The courses will be led by several Vestechpro experts as well as industry professionals.
Number of Participants
A 45-hour training certificate will be given to participants who have completed the course.
Format, Dates and Schedule
Format: 45-hour evening class over 15 weeks, 3 hours per week
Dates: September 7, 14, 21 and 28; October 5, 12, 19 and 26; November 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30; December 7 and 14 2022.
Schedule: 6pm to 9pm
This is a non-credit course
We will welcome you in person in compliance with the health measures imposed by the Government of Quebec.
7000 Rue Marie-Victorin,
Montréal, QC H1G 2J6
$250 per participant (45 training hours), plus taxes.
Information and Registration
To verify your eligibility and obtain the course registration form, contact our team:
T. 514 328-3813 - [email protected]
This activity is made possible thanks to the financial support of La Ville de Montréal.